Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sleeping Like A Log...

The poor little shoebox of a bedroom that poses as the Master bedroom in our house is in dire need of a makeover and it'll be getting one SOMEDAY.  Someday being when we aren't freezing and can open the windows and shovel out tons of lathe and plaster.  I'm not holding my breath.   I'm thinking we are in a really long episode of The Twilight Zone with this winter weather.  

In addition to a major overhaul, the bed needs a headboard.  I've considered repurposing doors or making my own upholstered headboard, but now I'm liking this idea.  Check out what Amy from Found & Finished did with this fireplace mantel.

Amy has it going on when it comes to repurposing items.  Remember the Vanity that she turned into a really cool garden vanity?  

On this mantel, Amy painted it with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in the color Ironstone

She followed that up by applying Annie Sloan's Dark Wax.

Once that was finished she turned it over to her client who promptly turned this into a really cool headboard.

Check it out...

Lovely!!  You can see more of Amy's work on her Found & Finished Facebook page.  Amy's based in Georgia and is a high school teacher by day and furniture flipper by night.  She's like a super hero.  (I can only handle two teenagers at a time.  I am not of the cloth that a high school teacher or a Duggar Family member is made.  I'm just not made of that material.)

Thanks so much Amy for sharing your fantastic furniture flip!

Special thanks to my sister Rebecca for coming up with today's blog title.  Better luck next time Lee Ann! 

Dear readers, do you have a new use for an old object?  Well, if it falls into the furniture category, then send it in.  Email me before/after pictures and all of the details to furnitureflippin@yahoo.com .  As many details as you can type out.  The more details the better.  You can never send me too many details.  Don't forget the details.  Details on you, the before, the during, the after, what you had for dinner last night, and what you are doing right now.  Got that?
See you tomorrow!
~ Stephanie

1 comment:

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.