Friday, March 21, 2014

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Honey...

Apologies go out to our furniture flipper for the title of this post.  You can blame your parents for that.  Had they not named you Davida I wouldn't have had that song running through my head since the moment I received your email.  I'm jealous though because that song goes on for 17 minutes and 5 seconds while The Partridge Family's "Stephanie" only clocks in at 2 minutes and 24 seconds.  Youtube it.  I did my fact checking.

Say hello to Davida Baur aka the rescuer of this cabinet.  Davida was driving along one day when she spotted this piece by the side of the road.  Can you imagine!?!  WHO WOULD THROW THAT OUT?  I'll tell you who!  Probably 3/4 of the people on this planet!  That thing was in sad shape.  Not to mention ugly.

 
Davida was determined to turn this into a gorgeous bedside table for her husband's side of the bed.  She went to work on it.  Cleaning it, sanding it, and adding new trim to the top and bottom of it.  Then she painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Cream.  She followed that up with an application of dark wax.  On the drawer she decoupaged an old map and added new knobs.  A complimenting picture was decoupaged to the top.  She wanted some height to the table so she added legs to it, bringing it up to 31" tall. 

Want to see the outcome of all her hard work?  Of course you do!  Ta-da!!!


Who would have thought that black and red cabinet could become something so nice?  (Now, that riddle "What's black and white and red all over?" is going through my mind.  Thanks so much Davida.)  

Actually, thanks so much Davida for not only bringing this cabinet back from what we can only assume would have been certain death in a landfill but for also sharing your furniture flip!  Job well done! 

Dear readers I don't have a link to send you to...Davida lives in Palm Bay, Florida and runs a nail salon by day and does furniture flips by night.  (Funny, both professions deal with nails.)  She admits that the thrift stores in Brevard County know her by name.  She can't resist making frequent trips to their stores in fear that she'll miss out on something if she doesn't.  (Oh, how I know that feeling.  It's a sickness, I tell ya!  I can't tell you how many times I've prowled the streets in my town looking for my next furniture fix.  I even turned my own kid into a furniture junkie.  BEST MOM EVAH!!)  

There you have it readers.  That's our last flip of the week.  We will now pause for a brief break known as THE WEEKEND!  Yay!!  How, I've waited for you to arrive.  Feel free to leave your feedback here in the form of comments and illustrations.  
See you on Monday!
~ Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a rescue! I love how Davida transformed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A piece of furniture to definitely be proud of & show off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job...don't think I would have tried to save that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job, love the color and map combo.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.