Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Ok To Pick Up Hitchhikers When...

...they are of the furniture variety<< Get that part straight.  I don't want you quoting Stephie wrong and saying I'm encouraging you to pick up vagabonds.  It's only ok if it's furniture. 

That's exactly what Ashley of Dirt Stains and Paint did.  She found a really cool little table on the side of the roadI assume he was running away from his former home in search of someone to take him in, clean and spiff him up, and give him a new place to live.  Which is exactly what his new benefactor did.  

Here is what he looked like when she found him.  Poor guy.

 Isn't he cute though?  Look at that little latch on him.  Why don't tables like that hit the road in my neck of the woods?

Ashley saw the potential of what he could be under her tutelage and set to work on him.  She cleaned him up, fed him with wood filler, sanded, primed, and really stretched outside her comfort zone with the color.   

Want to see him now?  He is pretty awesome!!

Ta-da!!!

Fun & hip.  LOVE the number 84 on the top of him.  '84 was one of my favorite years.  In this case though, Ashley said her young son was into numbers big time and 8's & 4's are his favorite.  This is his table now!

Head on over to visit Ashley at Dirt Stains and Paint  for all of the details of this makeover.  You will love her blog!  She is HILARIOUS!  Check her out on her Dirt Stains & Paint Facebook page, too.  Let her know you saw her on Furniture Flippin'. 

Thank you Ashley for letting us feature your furniture flip!  And for making me choke on a potato chip and have to do the Heimlich maneuver on myself when I read this seriously laugh out loud post on Craigslist tips.

Dear readers, if you think you've seen this post before that's because you have!  It was one of the very first blog posts I did on here.  I running it again because it's cool and I was too busy over the weekend to write a new one.  
See you tomorrow!
~ Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. I could see that the table had good bones. Love the color after it was flipped. This table could be used so many different places in the home, even in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she ruined it. Sorry, but it looked much better before.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.