Monday, September 23, 2013

What Do You Think Of When You Hear The Word...

...Harlequin?  I have to admit my first thought goes to those naughty "romance" books that were so popular at one time.  The books that gave us Fabio.  I never read them I swear.  My mom would have killed me had she caught me with one as a teen.  I did read Judy Blume's book Forever.  Mom never knew the content of that book. Hehehe.  Oh, and I did read the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.  Me and about every other housewife in the whole wide world.   Anyway, once my mind gets past that Harlequin definition it settles on this one:  "a pattern of diamond-shaped figures of different colors".  

That brings us to today's furniture flip.  Allow me to introduce you again to our friend Claudia of ReDone To Be ReLoved.  You recall I introduced you two back in May on Memorial Day.

Claudia is a walking and talking example of T-A-L-E-N-T and bravery.  She and her husband are both soldiers.  In her spare time Claudia redoes furniture.  It's her creative outlet and brings her a sense of peace and calmness.  

Recently she found this dresser to work her magic on...

She has found that most of her pieces have been "boy themed" and wanted to totally go all girly on this piece.  

She chose the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors of Old White, Scandinavian Pink and Graphite.  She wanted a Harlequin pattern for the top of the dresser but didn't want to use a stencil.  She found a fantastic tutorial on it and went to work.  Now, I can tell you all that she did to it, but, it's a much more fun and informative read if you go directly to the source herself, her ReDone To Be ReLoved blog and see this transformation step by step.  

I'm going to skip ahead and show you the afters of this makeover.

Be still your heart - it's a doozy as in BEAUTIFUL!!

Let's take a closer look at the hardware which now looks like jewelry, I would seriously wear that on the lapel of my winter coat...

And one more of the top and sides...(I could never pull that off!)

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???  No skimping on the details on this piece.  She covered it ALL!!  Look at that cute pup in the background.  He's tired just watching Claudia. 

You have to go check out the step by step.  I know I said that already, but YOU HAVE TO.  She shows you how she did it, who inspired her along the way and provides tips/tricks and links.

You can also find Claudia on her ReDone To Be ReLoved Facebook page.  While you are there let her know you saw her on Furniture Flippin' AND thank her.  She protects you and I.  We owe her a great deal of gratitude.  (Her husband, too.  Thank him as well.)  They are a remarkable family.  

Thanks so much Claudia for sharing your fantastic Furniture Flip!  Each one you do amazes me.  (As do you!) 

If YOU dear reader have a furniture flip you'd like us to feature, scroll up the page and hit the Submit Your Flip button.  Before/after pictures and all the details please.  (I write like I only have one of you that reads this.  While my sister likes to think that one is HER, there are more than just one of you that comes here and follows our furniture flippers on their adventures.  I actually have TWO sisters that read it daily.  So, that makes two readers.  You, however, are the only one that matters.)   Now, go get flippin' yourself!  The week has just started!  There is furniture out there to be saved and you are just the one to do it.  

~ Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me and that awesome write up, Stephanie!!! Lol, I will never see the word "harlequin" the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read Judy Blume...every single one!

    I love the pink on this one. would have never thought to do it, but it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!!!!!! I may have to do something similar on the twin to this dresser that we have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautifully feminine! What a great job! I love your blog Stephanie and keep up the great work!
    Now I have to go read that step by step because I certainly love detailing my pieces too!
    Twila

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.