Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Picture This...

Let's set the scene for today's furniture flip.  I was sent a really cool looking chair redo.  So cool in fact that I was excited to feature it even though our furniture flipper forgot to take a before picture.  She does what we all often do...gets so excited she just jumps in and starts the makeover.  I could have searched around the internet for a generic one that resembled the shape of her chair but instead I printed out a copy of her chair and stood at my front windows, held the picture to the window and let the sun illuminate it so I could try and trace it.  TRY being the operative word.  As you can see, the right side doesn't match the left side.  I'm a quitter.  I rushed through half of the tracing job AND I rushed through my coloring job.  I had a hard time finding a brown crayon.  Don't worry that my neighbors saw me and wondered what I was doing in my window.  This is not the first time I've traced something like that and I'm sure it's not the first time (or last) that they've thought to themselves, "What is she doing over there?"  

Say hello to Diane of The Paint Factory and this chair.  Diane writes that it, "was just some boring ugly chair.  I think it was covered in brown vinyl, which someone thought at one point would look lovely on a chair.   It did not."

Diane painted the chair using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Arles and Primer Red.  She then dark waxed over it.

She reupholstered the chair in Annie Sloan French Hens Fabric.

Last year Diane had bought several vintage grain sacks at a salvage place in Oregon.  She fell in love with the "Perfection" one and used it on the back of the chair.  Diane loves how the graphic lines tie into the shape of the chair.  She only paid $6 for that grain sack.  What a bargain for such a statement piece.  It really takes this chair over the top.  

That IS perfection!  All of those elements, the paint colors, the fabric, the grain sack - everything looks like they were meant to be together.  No surprise that this chair sold VERY QUICKLY.  

Let's take one more look at it side by side...

Diane and The Paint Factory are based in Hillsboro, Oregon.  You can find her items online, too, in her Etsy shop.  Head over to The Paint Factory's Facebook page.  Diane has some beautiful makeovers on there plus she's funny.  Let her know you saw her on Furniture Flippin' and give her some flack for not taking before pictures.  

Thanks so much Diane for sharing your fabulous furniture flip!


See you tomorrow!
~ Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. This chair is amazing! I like how the two fabric tie together - french hens fabric and the grain sack from a poultry & dairy company. Diane did a fantastic job! This is quite the statement piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully customized chair. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.