Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Yard Sale Queen Becomes A Flippin' Machine...

Allow me today to introduce you to Shelley of Groovy Chic's Rescued Relics.  She is a self-described "Yard Sale Queen".  This past summer Shelley came across this nightstand for only $5.00.  Yes, you read it right!  Five dollars.  

 







She rebuilt the bottom corner of the drawer with wood putty and then applied Gripper Primer.  Ever the thrifty one, she painted it with dark red paint she found at ReStore.  The back wall and drawer was lined with pretty paper.  Then, she stained the top with Dark Walnut stain and added a new knob.

Let's check out the after of this groovy flip...


What a difference!  I love how the new knob ties in with the dark top and the distressing.  Shelley writes, "I furnished my entire home with my groovy finds.  But, I still can't help myself from getting out there to find something so cool I can't pass up.  So, now I am a flippin'!"  

Yay Shelley!  You can find Shelley on her Groovy Chic's Rescued Relics Facebook page.  She's located in Paso Robles, California.  Let her know you saw her on Furniture Flippin'! 

Thanks Shelley for sharing your groovy furniture flip!

Dear readers, be sure to come back tomorrow for another great furniture flip AND check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.  If you have a furniture flip you'd like to submit, please email me before/after pics and a ton of details to furnitureflippin@yahoo.com

See you tomorrow!
~ Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Now that is an upcycle! What a turn a round for this little nightstand!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.