Monday, September 9, 2013

Why Aren't You A Tallboy!

If I got my hands on you, why, I'd...turn you right over to Lynda from Pleasant Pickin's in Ontario, Canada.  She'd know what to do with you!  Check out this tallboy she recently completed.  He first looked like this...


He was definitely needing some assistance!  When Lynda got him she had envisioned making him over in a creamy white or grey.  Instead, she got a custom order for him to be finished in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite.  Lynda had her reservations about that color, but once he was completed, she was sold on it.  

She painted him the Graphite and then followed up with a dark wax.  Her customer hated the handles but once they were given a coat of black paint she quickly fell in love with them.  The top was sanded and stained in a dark walnut.  It provides the perfect compliment to the paint and lends itself to the masculine feel of this piece.  It is a tallboy after all.  The name right there screams "masculine".   Once completed, it was tall, dark and handsome!  

Want to see it?  Here you go!

Let's take a closer look at it...

And one more for good measure...

Handsome indeed!  I wouldn't have any reservations about that color after seeing this end product!  Great job Lynda!

You can see more of Lynda's beautiful furniture on her Pleasant Pickin's blog .  You can also visit with her on her Pleasant Pickin's Facebook page.  Head on over there and let her know you saw her on Furniture Flippin'.  Be sure and give her a "like" so you can follow along on her projects.

Thanks so much Lynda for sharing your furniture flip!  I'm a chicken when it comes to paint colors and every time I see a great flip like this one, it encourages me to take a chance and fear not color.  

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Stephanie! It was great to go out of my comfort zone with this one... :) Love your flips!!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! When I stain the top, I always use a creamy color on the bottom, but I love the graphite!

    Spectacular! I just may have a dresser in my garbage, I mean, garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is amazing! I will definitely give the Graphite paint color a try. Nice work Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flips and out of the box creativeness!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.