Friday, March 28, 2014

Don't Give Up On Me Baby...

Those aren't the exact lyrics to David Soul's 1976 one hit wonder song...I think he sings "Don't give up on us baby" but that's the song that's running through my head right now.  I know entirely too much about David Soul.  You know him, right?  He's one half of Starsky & Hutch.  If you ever get on a trivia team you want me as your partner.  I don't know geography well but when it comes to pop trivia I'm your gal.  David Soul has the same birthday as me.  Woohoo.  He's considerably older though considering I was in grade school when he starred on that show.  Hey, what's this?  It's Stars, Key, &  Hutch!!  Hehehe...

Apologies go out to Aaron and Angela of Own'd Sales for starting your feature in this way and probably getting that song stuck in your head.  Don't know that song?  Youtube it so it's stuck in your head all day.  That's twice this week a furniture flipper's flip has stuck a song in my head.  Why should I suffer alone?

Anyway, I imagine that this poor old kitchen cabinet was pleading with Aaron "don't give up on me" when Aaron spotted it outside of an auction house where it had been discarded outside in the elements.  Aaron saw the potential in it and took action.  

The doors were busted off of it and the entire thing needed an overhaul.



Aaron put a new base on it out of old barn siding.  

He sanded and stained the interior.










The doors needed some minor repair and a good cleaning.  Aaron wanted to keep as much of the old green paint as possible so he used wool to clean off all the loose paint so he could stain and seal the rest to keep it from peeling off the rest of the way.


He put all of the doors and drawers back on and look at what became of that sad kitchen cabinet.  Here's the interior...



And here's the gorgeous exterior waiting in Own'd Sales showroom for you to come buy it...oh, wait!  Too late!  It sold already.  You snooze, you loose!  A lucky lady named Amber owns it now.  Color me jealous.  I want visitation rights. 



Take a second to scroll back up and look again at what condition it originally was in.  THAT is nothing short of miraculous!!  See what I mean?  That cabinet was PLEADING for someone to come along and give it a chance.  If I had room for that piece in my house I'd head to Goshen, Indiana and visit Own'd Sales.  I'd snatch that cabinet up in a heartbeat.  

You need to go check out Own'd Sales (either in person at their store) or on their Own'd Sales Facebook page.  Either way you do it, let them know you saw them on Furniture Flippin'.

Here's an interesting tidbit about the name of their business.  It came about because they love many things such as art, sculptures, natural wood items, painted or re-purposed, fabrication.  They are always on the hunt for anything that their customers might need or love.  Which is why Own'd Sales came to be because it just covered everything that was previously owned by someone.

Thanks so much Aaron & Angela for sharing your fantastic furniture rescue!  

This right here is a prime example of why I, Stephanie, try to limit my time perusing for pieces.  I would need a bigger workspace than I have now because EVERYTHING that looked like this piece originally did would tug at my heartstrings.  I can't turn my back on something like that.  

Well, dear readers, that brings to a close one more week of furniture flippin'.  We will now break for the long awaited weekend!  Yay hey!  
See you on Monday!
~ Stephanie

13 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Very inspiring piece! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says the lady who redoes all of the chairs that I covet! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love this piece and thanks for sharing it Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Aaron! Anytime! Keep the flips coming. :-)

      Delete
  4. Have to admit I'm his mother, but I think he does an amazing job. Love your blog. Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic flip...very talented...I might need a road trip to Goshen!
    Thanks Stephanie now that song will be in my head all day...I was Starsky girl...Soul was too blond...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great flip, but it's the song that I can't stop thinking about. I love that song, Why I don't know. Almost embarrassing to admit. But there it is.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back! I'd love to hear from you.